What is a cookie ?
A cookie is a text file registered in a space dedicated by the hard disk of your terminal* when you consult an on-line service using your browser. A cookie allows its issuer to identify the terminal in which it is registered, during the cookie’s term of validity or recording.
* The terminal means the equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone) that you use to consult or display a website, an application, any advertising content etc
What cookies do we use ?
We use, subject to your permission, cookies on our site to allow a more effective browsing experience for site users. Cookies allow you to connect to your chosen services, to choose your connection preferences e.g. language …
The cookies which we transmit also allow us to establish statistics and visitor counts and to use diverse elements composing our site (sections and visited contents), which, in turn, allows us to improve the interest and the ergonomics of our services. Cookies also enable us to implement security measures, in particular when you are requested to reconnect to a protected section of the website after a period of absence from the site.
What cookies do we use?
- Functional cookies or cookies used strictly for the website:
We use these cookies to trace the customer agreement on advertising, analyzing the navigation and sharing site contents. Its value can be at Yes or No. Its use is limited to 90 days.
The cookie “PHPSESSID” is a “session” cookie created by PHP that has no validity period. It disappears when the client closes the session. This is a native PHP cookie and allows web sites to store serialized data.
We use these cookies to establish a user session and to transmit data through a temporary cookie, called a session cookie.
- Analytics cookies
We use these cookies to establish the use and performance of our website, statistics, the volume of traffic and utilisation of the parts making up our website (content consulted, browser history) so that we can improve the relevance and ergonomics of our services (most consulted pages and sections, most-read articles, etc.).
We also use these cookies to count the number of visitors per page, as well as the total number of adverts we display.
These cookies come from Google Analytics :
- _ga - Related to Google Unisersal Analytics - For more information, https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=fr
- _gat - Related to Google Unisersal Analytics - For more information: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=fr
- _gat_t2 - Related to Google Unisersal Analytics - For more information: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=fr
- _gid - Related to Google Unisersal Analytics - For more information: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
- Sharing cookies (connection with social networks)
Our website contains links to Facebook, Twitter and other similar social networks that allow you to share content from our website with other people. Whenever you use these share buttons a third-party cookie is installed. If you are connected to the social network while browsing our website, you can use the share buttons to link the consulted content to your user account.
Third pary cookies
The present cookies transmitted by third parties can allow them, during their term of validity to count the number of times content is displayed via our website, to identify the contents so displayed and the number of users having clicked each particular piece of content, allowing them to establish usage statistics.
How to control and disable the cookies we use
The recording of a cookie in a terminal is subject to the permission of the user of the terminal. Such permission can be expressed and modified at any time by such user, free of charge. If you have accepted the recording of cookies in your browser, the cookies integrated into the pages and contents which you have viewed can be temporarily stored in a dedicated location on your terminal. If you do not consent to the recording of cookies on your terminal, or if you delete those which are registered there, you will no longer benefit from a certain number of features of our site.
Here are the means you are provided with to accept / refuse or delete the present cookies on our site:
Each browser has different settings. You can find them under the Help menu of your chosen browser, and they will give instructions on how to change your cookie preferences.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-Cookies
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/cookies-informations-sites-enregistrent?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=G%C3%A9rer+les+cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.htm
In terms of the cookies used to measure our website traffic, please click on the following link for more information on analytics cookies and on how to deactivate them: